The applicant must:
- Hold a bachelor's degree in an area other than education from
an accredited college or university. The degree should include
a content major or concentration (minimum 30 credits) and a strong
liberal arts and science background that meets New York State
standards. Candidates may have to take pre-requisite courses to
meet these criteria.
- Have a grade point average of 2.75 based on a four point scale.
This average may be computed from the total undergraduate record
of 2.75 or on the last 60 hours of study.
- Have one letter of recommendation from a professional in the
field of education, psychology, or related disciplines which supports
the student's request for admission, and addresses the student's
academic skills and personal attributes, strengths and / or weaknesses.
- Complete an on-site writing sample. Students are asked to respond
to a statement. There is no correct or incorrect response to this
task. The response will be judged on the following criteria:
Extent to which your argument is developed and supported.
Logical organization and development of the central idea.
Paragraph organization and construction.
Freedom from errors in mechanics and usage.
- Schedule an appointment with the director of education for an